Friday, July 07, 2006

What? No job? I'm going on VACATION!

So...here's the update:

I have no job - big long story, but the upside is that I get out of this town. YEA!

I have no home - been living at the in-laws until I heard one way or the other about this job. Hasn't been bad, but certainly not ideal.

So, what's a guy to do? Road Trip!

We're packing up the family (99% of our stuff is already in storage) and driving down to Arizona to visit my dad. But we can't go in a straight line, now can we? Heck no! Here is our tentative itenerary:

  • Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
  • Temple Square in Salt Lake City
  • Zion National Park
  • Grand Canyon National Park
  • And then what will probably be the most fantastic (and I mean that in the very literal sense of the word) sight of all: Quartzsite, Arizona!

  • I figure it will take us about 5 days to make the trip. There are a few other spots I would have loved to visit, like Dinosaur National Monument and Chaco Canyon National Historical Park, but we'll get those some other time. In any case, I'll try to get pictures posted when I get the time.

    Wait! 5 days? 5 days in a car with little kids?! ARE YOU INSANE, MAN?!?

    Quite possibly. And we leave Monday...

    2 comments:

    Huni said...

    OMG!! are you going to visit here as well? let me know... M will be soooo thrilled. Besides, I think I'd have to smack you for not stopping by after driving so very far. BTW... good luck on the drive... Crayola Color Wonder is AWESOME!!

    Lifeofpiggys said...

    OMG is right. At least you aren't on a plane with other people if the kids are cranky. We are thinking of doing a read trip over there next summer for believe it or not SIX weeks.