Sunday, April 06, 2008

Making the House Official

It's amazing what little things make a house a home. It's also funny to see the difference in what makes a home for me and what makes a home for my kids. For example, I apparently made our house official yesterday by doing one simple thing.

I hung up our coocoo-clock.

As I was doing this simple thing, Emma came up stairs, paused when she saw what I was doing, and said, "Is this our new home?" A few minutes later, Rebekah came upstairs, saw the clock and said, "The coocoo-clock! The coocoo-clock! It's our home again!"

Apparently, that clock is something the kids (especially the younger ones) really identify with our home.

2 comments:

Huni said...

that's great! I don't think we really have anything that the kids ties to our home. I'll have to ask and see what they say... ok... my kids are weird... apparently it's the ceiling fan ????

Lifeofpiggys said...

Our item that makes our house our home is actually two things. The first is the giantpinecone(I'll try and post a picture)The second is also a clock...one that was handed down from Martin's grandma.