Friday, January 29, 2010

ID Badge Creed (With Apologies to Riflemen Everywhere)

This is my badge. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my badge is useless. Without my badge, I am useless. I must use my badge properly. My badge and I know that what counts in a badge audit is not our intentions, apologies, or the excuses we make. We know that it is the beeps that count. We will make it beep.

My badge is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories. I will keep my badge clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before my co-workers I swear this creed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, yep, yep! More than once I've mislaid(lost)something I harped on to my men that under the pain of execution(or worse)that they could not lose and then lose the item myself. Humble pie is NOT that tasteful. Dad

Amos said...

Hilarious, brings me back to memories of working at the call centers in Utah!