Tuesday, August 23, 2005

New School Year

I started classes yesterday and the kids started school today. Isaiah is in kindergarden and loves it. He has been looking forward to it for a long time now. Mary is in 2nd grade...wow. She is growing up fast. She lucked out in that she is sits right next to one of her best friends in class. Overall, they are both loving it. Rebekah really wants to go to school as well, but she still has 2 more years to wait.

My classes are going to be...interesting this semester. I have 2 gender classes and 2 American Indian classes. The first class I have is "Sex, Gender, and Evolution" which, while the professor is entertaining, is going to be borderline lewd. Not that I'm a complete old fart, but a class of 90+ college students talking about sex is...well...I'll leave it to your imagination.

"Gender in Cross-Cultural Perspectives" is going to be tough. The work load is enormous. I actually find the topic vaguely interesting (I didn't think I was going to like it at all), but there is so much flippin' reading - and I'm not a fast reader.

"Contemporary Native Peoples of the Americas" is going to be good. The professor is a bit dry, but the topic is interesting. Since it is focusing on the Pacific Northwest (which is where I live), I'm really looking forward to getting into it.

And last is "North American Indian History, Precontact to Present" is also going to be interesting. Complements the other class well.

With some luck, I should do well this semester and then...ONE MORE TO GO!!! WOO HOO!!!

No comments: