Friday, August 26, 2005

Wacky Work

So I go into work yesterday...

Just about all the staff members jump all over me asking why I didn't turn in an application for one of the two staff assistant positions. Apparently, they all had a meeting earlier to go over the applications together and noticed mine wasn't there. I didn't turn one in because in looking at the job description I thought it said I would have to work on Sundays. So I just threw it in the garbage without another look.

Well, it turns out that I DON'T have to work on Sundays. The hours listed were all the hours that ALL the staff assistants had to cover among themselves. My mistake. So my boss quickly grabbed me another application and had me fill it out as quickly as I could. Since these are the people who decide who gets the job, I have a sneaky suspicion that I might get one.

I could use a two dollar an hour raise...

No comments: