Monday, December 26, 2005

Post-Christmas Recovery

I was going to write something Christmasy yesterday, but I'm so worn out. Spending several days with the in-laws can do that to a fella. Don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws. I just think I do better when I have several major geographical features between me and extended family. Case in point: my dad and one sister are down in Arizona, another sister is in Wales (yes, that is on that foggy little island northwest of mainland Europe). I'd do just about anything for them. I love 'em...just at a distance.

The kids had a good Christmas. They got their presents (not a lot, but enough), sang in church on Christmas day, and spent a lot of time with cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. Me? I would have preferred to end my day after church. I just wasn't feeling very sociable. I did get some gaming in, but on the whole I'd rather have been at home.

The things we do for love...

No comments: