Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Long Time, No Sea

Sometime I surprise even myself. I finished War and Peace yesterday. It took me a little over a month of reading on the bus to and from work to get through it. I really, really enjoyed that book! I would actually leave home about 10 minutes earlier so I could read while waiting for the bus. It is definately on my re-read list.

But now, on to the next book: Treasure Island. It's kinda strange; I can tell you everything about the story, I've watched several movies about it (or based on it), I've played games about it, but I don't ever remember reading through the whole book. The first few chapters were familiar enough, but I can't remember ever getting about halfway through it. In any case, it's time to correct that issue. Besides, it has been awhile since I've read a good sea faring novel. So I'm off to the Admiral Benbow Inn - Later Mateys! Arrrr!

No comments: