Friday, October 28, 2005

Another Successful Pack Meeting

Well, I managed to squeak through another pack meeting. It is the second one that I have done and I thought it was going to be a complete mess. Earlier in the month, I had contacted the local fire department to see if they would come and talk to the boys about fire safety...and to see if they could bring a fire engine.

I didn't hear back from them until 2 hours before the pack meeting was supposed to start. ARRGG!

Still, three firefighters showed up in full gear with a fire engine, and the boys had a great time. Although my kids are still too young for cub scouts, they came along because they knew "dad was friends with the firemen." It's kind of distracting having kids underfoot when I'm trying to lead songs/stories/whatnot, but it all turned out okay. Fun was had by all.

Next month theme is "My Family Tree." Geneology stuff...no problem. :)

No comments: