Thursday, July 21, 2005

New Job Responsibility

Well, I got a bit of a surprise today. I mentioned before that our library departments are understaffed (for a variety of reasons). Next week, the librarian that runs the architecture library here on campus is taking some time off. However, that leaves nobody to look after things while she is gone. So guess what I have been chosen to do? All next week I will be "running" the architecture library! I feel honored that the full-time staff members think of me as qualified/dependable to do this.

True, it really isn't that big of a job - mostly circulation stuff - but I will be getting the keys to the library. I get to unlock it in the morning and lock it up when I leave (I'll be doing full-time again during that week).

This bodes well for when I graduate and apply for a full time job next year.

No comments: