Saturday, July 02, 2005

Thus is life

I could see this coming. I haven't posted in a long time - just like I haven't written in a paper journal in a long time. I just don't seem to take the time to make entries after a certain point. But...such is life.

Isaiah and I are going out later today to do some father/son stuff. Not much, really. Just going clothes shopping - ties, dress shirts, etc. He is growing so fast nowadays that it is hard to keep him in clothes. We get a lot of hand-me-downs from his grandparents (Nathan, his youngest uncle, is only 10 or 11), so it is not as bad as it could be.

Fourth of July is coming up on Monday. We're going to take the morning to go up and see my parents (my dad finally got remarried a few years ago). After that, we'll come back down and go to the fireworks show here in town. Going to make it as relaxed as possible.

I've started growing a beard, but I don't think it will last long. Between the summer heat and the itchy whiskers, it just doesn't do much for me at this point. I hear my dad is growing his back out again as well. He always looked good with a beard.

Haven't got around to watching 8 1/2 yet, but we did watch Much Ado About Nothing again, which is a great movie. Besides the great writing of Shakespeare, the actors do a fantastic job in their roles. I enjoy it a lot. I also just finished up the book Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. I just picked up a biography of sorts about him. It's more a selection of his other, non-comical writings but it gives a good overview of his life and his thinking. Pretty neat fellow.

No comments: