Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wolves, and Tigers, and Bears...Oh My!

This past week I have taken up the position of Cubmaster in our church's Cub Scout pack. I have always loved scouting and I am looking forward to being involved in this. Unfortunately, certain people around here think that taking the summer off from running the unit is acceptable, so the next two pack meetings are pretty much non-existant. I will be changing that. I am of the strong opinion that scouting is a year-round program. The new program year starts in September, so we'll see what I can get jumpstarted - we are having quite the changed in leadership, so it might not be as hard as some may think.

Tomorrow is the next "pack meeting" (if you could call it that). I've got a lot of games I'm going to get the boys involved in. We'll worry about the formalities of running the meetings in September.

No comments: