Friday, June 10, 2005

The Move Groove

It finally happened. They moved my work station from the empty office back into the realm of the living. It was a bit exasperating as the I.T. folks just grabbed stuff and didn't pay attention to where it came from. When they asked me which terminal went where, I replied with a "Where did it come from?" Blank looks all around. We eventually got it all sorted out, even if I did have to put up with the techs' digging around in the computer changing all the settings, background colors, etc. Half of the stuff they just changed for no apparent reason. Oh well, what do I know? I only work on the terminal every day.

I spent the rest of the day running back and forth between the new place and the old, trying to get some semblance of normality restored. Unfortunately, the new workspace is much smaller and I have to change quite a few of my processes. Nothing I can't handle though. I don't like to be one of those people who whine about change. Reminds me of the book "Who Moved My Cheese?"

I am so glad it is a weekend.

No comments: