Sunday, June 12, 2005

One Week and Still Bloggin'

I've managed to post for a full week now - which is pretty close to a record for me.

In keeping with the Spirit of Sunday, I think I will normally post some kind of spiritual thought. I teach 8-9 year olds at church so I'm usually have something to say on the topic. However, for today I have an assuredly non-spiritual post.

I am generally not a fan of on-line games. Usually any enjoyment I get from it is destroyed by other players. Be that as it may, I have recently found one on-line game that both my wife and I really enjoy. It is called Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates. Not only do I enjoy the pirate theme, but the people I play with (they be the Meanies - yarr!) are of a decent sort. Yeah, we all have our days when we're feeling a bit cro-magnon and just want to go out and smash something, but on the whole they're a good crew.

Unfortunately, my family and I have recently moved and have to deal with a dial-up connection for a while. Those of you who play on-line know that this is a killer of the enjoyment factor. So my time in the game has been spotty at best. However, I haven't been completely lax in my piratey entertainment (now we come to the real reason for this post). There is a contest going on to write a background story for the new Oceanmasters (i.e. in-game moderators). The winner will get a little monkey that rides around on your pirate's shoulder.

So I gave it a shot. It is not as great as I would have liked it to be, but being limited to 2500 words made it necessary to cut the fluff, so-to-speak. I will post it in it's entirety in the next post. I want it to have a separate post for a variety of reasons. So, for what it is worth, here it is...

No comments: