Friday, June 10, 2005

That Ol' Sinking Feeling

Last night I made the commitment to get up and go swimming this morning. So I did. A Friday probably wasn't the best day to get back in the pool. Fridays are sprint workouts - and today in particular was an I.M. (individual medley, where you do all the strokes) workout. Needless to say, a few months away have not done much for my ability to keep up with my lane mates. Still, it was nice to get back in and take some good-natured jokes from the coach and other swimmers.

The bike ride to work, however, was a killer. Biking and swimming in one day? All I need to do now is find a way to work in some running and I can do a triathalon. For the longest time, I felt the only appropriate way to run was if some large and hungry animal was chasing me. I still feel that way, in principle if for no other reason. I'm just not a runner.

Busy day scheduled today. I ordered some refills for my old Daytimer planner - the one I was given when I was an assistant manager at Hastings. I enjoyed using it, and now with school and work, I have a chance to put it to use again. Organization is a wonderful thing.

No comments: