Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Sleep? What's That?

Here was the formula for last night:
1) I start to get comfortable.
2) My 3-year old daughter wakes up
3) She crawls into bed with us
4) We send her back to her own bed
5) She cries...loudly
6) The baby wakes up and starts crying
7) Mom and Dad get grumpy
8) Lather, rinse, repeat
I have a hard time sleeping these days as it is. I have something going on with my back that makes it hard to find a comfortable position in which to sleep. One of these days when I can't stand it anymore, I'll break down and buy an expensive mattress.

As it is, I'm extremely tired and I forgot to shave. At least I ironed my shirt so I don't look like a complete slob this morning. Which reminds me: I want to get a new ironing board as well. One that I can use standing up, not kneeling down on the floor trying to keep kids away from the hot iron.

Wait. I iron my own clothes? Yup. I don't have a big wardrobe (it's quite small actually, and most of it isn't in great condition), but I do make an effort to dress like a man.

1 comment:

Juptin said...

I have problems sleeping on my back in any position.

My place of work has showering and ironing facilities, which makes my life much easier, and means I can sleep longer in the mornings :)